Dry Needling for Manual Therapists
- Hardcover – 21 Jan 2016
- Author: Giles Gyer, Jimmy Michael, Ben Tolson
- Price: £22.50
Designed to be a go-to reference for assessment and treatment planning in the clinic, this is a clear and concise handbook for students and practitioners of dry needling, or medical acupuncture. It includes:
- Comprehensive medical illustrations demonstrating trigger point locations and associated pain referral patterns
- Easy-to-follow instructions and photographs demonstrating musculoskeletal dry needling points and electroacupuncture techniques
- Dedicated section on the acupuncture treatment of tendinopathy
- Vital information on palpation and correct needling techniques
- Practical guidance on best practice, safety and treatment planning
- Overviews of the history and key principles of Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture
- Up-to-date research on the effect of acupuncture in the treatment of MSK conditions, myofascial pain, trigger points (MTrPS), fascia and pain.
The book will be an essential aid for osteopaths, physiotherapists, sports rehabilitators, chiropractors, massage therapists, as well as traditional acupuncturists wishing to understand a Western approach on acupuncture. Other health professionals incorporating, or looking to incorporate dry needling into their treatment programme, will also find this book an invaluable resource.